Wednesday, June 14, 2006

ਭਈ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ਮਾਨੁਖ ਦੇਹੁਰੀਆ - Some thoughts

I do realise that many of my posts are pretty long and boring. I will try to cut them down. This post will also be quite long..but in future..I shall try to make the posts shorter.

While attending a Sikhi Week lecture about Why Are We Here? A few thoughts arose. The main Shabad that was brought up was:

ਭਈ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ਮਾਨੁਖ ਦੇਹੁਰੀਆ ॥
ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਮਿਲਣ ਕੀ ਇਹ ਤੇਰੀ ਬਰੀਆ ॥
ਅਵਰਿ ਕਾਜ ਤੇਰੈ ਕਿਤੈ ਨ ਕਾਮ ॥
ਮਿਲੁ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਭਜੁ ਕੇਵਲ ਨਾਮ ॥1॥
ASSG 12

This human body has been given to you.
This is your chance to meet the Lord of the Universe.
Nothing else will work.
Join the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; vibrate and meditate on the Jewel of the Naam. ||1||


Gurbani says that we've been blessed with this chance to make a difference. To change ourself. To change the world. Yet do we do this? The speaker stopped talking and arranged two small discussion groups about what our goal is in life. Out of 10-15 people sitting around in our group, only 1-2 said that their goal in life was to meet Vaheguru (I was not one of those..).


Although we might all say that ideally, we should make more effort on the spiritual path... it is something we should really ask ourself: How much of an effort are we making?
Are we taking that little step that will make Guru Ji come so much closer?


Bhai Gurdas Ji writes:
ਚਰਨ ਸਰਨਿ ਗੁਰ ਏਕ ਪੈਡਾ ਜਾਇ ਚਲ
ਸਤਿ ਗੁਰ ਕੋਟਿ ਪੈਡਾ ਆਗੇ ਹੋਇ ਲੇਤ ਹੈ ॥

charan saran gur eaek paiddaa jaae chala
sath gur kott paiddaa aagae hoe laeth hai ||

By taking one single step towards the Guru
The True Guru will take many (I believe kot means Thousands? or millions?) of steps towards you to recieve you.

Yet do we take that step? Do we acknowledge that: Vaheguru, you are with me? I'm not sure I should be posting about this..since I personally do not. Although I might say that, in theory, the goal of my life is to meet parmatma, my practicle life doesn't show this. I do not remember Vaheguru. I do not treat my everyone with respect... It's so interesting how we read this shabad everyday...(sometimes) understand it...but fail to realise it.

There's nothing wrong with getting degrees and good job, as a matter of fact..it's a really good thing to do so... but should that not be something secondary? Doesn't Gurbani say you should live a practicle life..yet at the same time be pious? Isn't a Sikh to be beutiful like a lotus in a dirty pond?

Again, I don't know whether I should've posted this..since I do not do this myself..it's just some observations I made from the talk I listened to...

What is the point of your life?


Bhull Chukk Maaf

P.s I might not post for a while now. Hasdey roh, Vasdey roh (",)
The morning Hukam Guru Ji blessed me with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your posts are just fine Veerji =)

Chardeekalaaa!!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh