Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Recognize the Lord's Light within all

An interesting quote I stumbled upon while reading Gurbani (hymns);


ਜਾਣਹੁ ਜੋਤਿ ਨ ਪੂਛਹੁ ਜਾਤੀ ਆਗੈ ਜਾਤਿ ਨ ਹੇ 1ਰਹਾਉ
jaanahu joth n pooshhahu jaathee aagai jaath n hae ||1|| rehaao ||
Recognize the Lord's Light within all, and do not consider social class or status; there are no classes or castes in the world hereafter. ||1||Pause||

(p 349)

Wouldn't the world be such a great place if we considered and acknowledged that the Light of God resides in everyone. If we managed to realise just that; wouldn’t we treat other people totally differently?

Although it’s quite easy to post this quote and hope everyone would treat each other much better from now on; but complex as we are; it doesn’t work that way. I myself think it can be really hard to consider that God exists within some people who really piss me off… or just generally are... stupid…

I must say I’ve got a problem swallowing the quote myself; or, to rephrase myself, follow it fully, and don’t think that I’ll ever manage to do it fully; but think that as long as I manage to keep it in mind, I might be able to control myself next time I’m getting pissed of at somebody for some reason… acknowledging that maybe it’ll just be better to stay calm?

Disclaimer;
I'm not the kind of person who easily gets pissed of (or am I
?; comment, and let me know what you think....); but there are times, when people really manage to tick me off..but usually I'm okay

3 comments:

Dilpreet Kaur said...

heyyy!!
whatever happened to my comment?
I posted such a long one! sob sob!
anyway,it's really hard to see god in everyone huh? But we should make it a practice!!

You know what vir, your post just gave me an idea! I shall encompass it in the BB curriculm! thanks pal!

vsingh said...

lol!
I really liked last years one; Man Jitey Jag Jit (controlling/conquering your mind is truelly controling the world)

To say that we should make it in practise is the easy bit though; to actually make it, is ther hard bit, I realized after having a few tough (stupid) customers the other day haha..

Anonymous said...

true, what u said...
shall try practicing it...
well, i don't think u easily get pissed of but i don't know...