Thursday, July 20, 2006

ਦੁਬਿਧਾ ਮਾਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਮੰਨਿ ਵਸਾਈ

Wanted to post about something really cool that happened a few weeks ago...
While I was doing Paath in the morning some doubt-thoughts appeared in my mind..about the existance of God. Not that God doesn't exist..but some other issues that hunted me for several weeks regarding God's existance.

Ironically the answer to the doubts lay in the Paath I was doing...but since I couldn't understand it, there wasn't much I could do at the time.... (which means I should start reading interpretations and translations of the nitnem banis...)

Went to the Gurdwara after Nitnem and this is the Hukamnama that Guru Ji blessed me with...:

ਧਨਾਸਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ਘਰੁ ਚਉਪਦੇ
ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ
ਇਹੁ ਧਨੁ ਅਖੁਟੁ ਨਿਖੁਟੈ ਜਾਇ
ਪੂਰੈ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਦੀਆ ਦਿਖਾਇ
ਅਪੁਨੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਉ ਸਦ ਬਲਿ ਜਾਈ
ਗੁਰ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਤੇ ਹਰਿ ਮੰਨਿ ਵਸਾਈ ॥੧॥
ਸੇ ਧਨਵੰਤ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਿ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਇ
ਗੁਰਿ ਪੂਰੈ ਹਰਿ ਧਨੁ ਪਰਗਾਸਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਤੇ ਵਸੈ ਮਨਿ ਆਇ ਰਹਾਉ
ਅਵਗੁਣ ਕਾਟਿ ਗੁਣ ਰਿਦੈ ਸਮਾਇ
ਪੂਰੇ ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਸਹਜਿ ਸੁਭਾਇ
ਪੂਰੇ ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਸਾਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ
ਸੁਖ ਮਨ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਸਹਜਿ ਸਮਾਣੀ ॥੨॥
ਏਕੁ ਅਚਰਜੁ ਜਨ ਦੇਖਹੁ ਭਾਈ
ਦੁਬਿਧਾ ਮਾਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਮੰਨਿ ਵਸਾਈ
ਨਾਮੁ ਅਮੋਲਕੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਜਾਇ
ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦਿ ਵਸੈ ਮਨਿ ਆਇ ॥੩॥
ਸਭ ਮਹਿ ਵਸੈ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਏਕੋ ਸੋਇ
ਗੁਰਮਤੀ ਘਟਿ ਪਰਗਟੁ ਹੋਇ
ਸਹਜੇ ਜਿਨਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਜਾਣਿ ਪਛਾਣਿਆ
ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਨਿਆ ॥੪॥੧॥
663-664
Click here for translation


Really crushed the doubt. Although the Shabads doesn't explain what I was having doubts about it was like a tap on my head from Guru Ji.. with him saying:
"My Son, trust me.. trust....by following the Shabad Guru your doubts WILL be removed"...

Simplying reading my mind...knowing the doubts existed...he gave me the path to remove these doubts... he spoke to me through the Hukamnama...Now comes the hard part: following these instructions..

I know this means very little for others... just as little as ..someone telling me about them personally seeing someone elevating while doing pagti...meant to me...

Anyway..this shabad has kept the candle lit for a few weeks..and filled my required quota of inspiration for quite a while....

Trust the Guru. Experience and talk to your Guru. He is not a book, or someone to be feared. Go forward and talk to him....

ਦੁਬਿਧਾ ਮਾਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਮੰਨਿ ਵਸਾਈ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your relationship with Guru ji goes from strength to strength veer ji.

thank you for sharing inspiration with us. (",)

vsingh said...

Thanks a lot bhenji...That was the point of posting..hopefully it might have inspired someone else as well.. (",)

Thanks a lot for your wishes and blessings..

p.s bhenji, I'm not able to access your blog for some reason :S