Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Sorted

Everything has finally been sorted.

Went to Punjabi University in Patiala after being recommended by Prof Kartar Singh Ji. Met with a really nice person who is to teach me and the principle of the Gurmat Sangeet Department at the University, Dr Gurnam Singh.

Although he seemed quite strict and everything and it seemed like a formal interview he would use phrases that would relax you, like: "phikar na kar puttar, apa solve kar dange"

My case was a bit obscure since I'm not going to study at the University for a few years, but only a short time course...

I'm a bit nervous though..since I'm going to have to stay at the hostel (halls) at the Uni, and wonder what it's going to be like... being surrounded by a bunch of freshiesss..haha...

So everything is sorted and my lessons are going to start next Monday.... The only probelm is sorting an instrument... I really want to learn the Taus...and although the technique of using the Dilruba is the same....it's not the same......But the Taus is really expensive...

It costs about as much as the flight ticket to Punjab!
Pretty dissappointing how learning to sing raag kirtan has become a class question. I mean, we're doing quite fine and can afford one..but what about those who really want to learn..but don't have the money to sort an instrument and everything. I really don't think these instruments were meant to be so expensive....

Anyway, they've got ONE Taus in Patiala which I'll be aloud to use until I get my own (still looking for a good one...where it will take little time to construct it..)

Hope everyone is having a nice time....and enjoying their summer.
P.s Those looking for inspiration: www.sikhstudent.net =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there veer ji - glad things are finally falling into place. Your dedication is inspiring. Keep it up (",)

vsingh said...

Thanks for your really sweet comment (",)..
Wasn't able to write last time due to me not being able to open the blog on the computer..could only go to blogger.com and write the post...

Anyway hope your having a nice time..=)