Sunday, July 02, 2006

More non-productiveness

The first two weeks have been quite unproductive. Although I've met some really nice people, including Bhai Balbir Singh Raagi...and some other people.. I still haven’t started doing what I came here for. I'm going to meet a teacher tonight and see how it goes. The biggest difficulty isn't in getting a teacher, but a saaj sorted. I've been to one shop that Bhai Balbir SIngh JI recommended... He told me to call him when I'm in the shop so that he could speak to the owner himself to give specifications of how the saaj should be. Bad luck. After speaking to the instrument maker Bhai Sahib called me and told me that he was giving a really high price and told me not to buy from him. He said he would look on his next journey to Delhi if he could get a nice saaj (taus) sorted for me.... Bhai Sahib is a really sweet person... He's helping me to get stuff going...which reminds me that I should call him soon to find out what he's found out...

Went to Gurmat Sangeet Academy (run by SGPC under Prof Kartar Singh Ji)...in Anandpur Sahib...but found out that Prof Sahib had left the academy for his home ten minutes before my arrival. Got his number...spoke to him and he recommended me someone from Patiala..Punjabi University, will meet him tonight. At the academy I found out there's going to be a seminar in Khalsa Collage Amritsar on the occasion of 400 years anniversary of the founding of the Akal Thakhat...thought I'd go there.

On the buss I met a really pervert person who started touching me... (embarrassing)... One thing that I think is important to point out is that the person was a sardar. I am not implying all sardars (which includes me) are perverts... But that you sould stay wary wherever you are. I've meet quite a few sardars who have been responsible for quite a lot of damage.. directly or indirectly. This is not only in India..but also elsewhere. So just because someone seems to be 'chardikala, khula darha, vada chola, 24/7 paath karan vala'..it doesn't mean the inside is as clean. I'm not saying I'm perfect from inside.. cause I'm still being looted by the 5 theives...but all I'm saying is..that one should stay wary…because there’s been cases where so-called gyanis have turned out to be sexual predators... stay wary..

When I finally reached the Collage (I think it's a University now..) there were some scholars who spoke about the concept of miri piri, history of Akal Thakhat..followed by propaganda by Badal (one of the...if not the...corrupt-est politician in Punjab)... So that was a big time waste. Apart from that nothing major going on..except looking for girls for my two cousins.... It's so warm here...everyone’s dying.


On another note..I found a really good cooler which I think would be really popular if sold in Europe..so I've got a business idea..hahaha.

I really want to go to some camp in England this summer.....there's absolutly no inspiration in this country..except the speaches by Sukha Singh, Kirtan by a few 'gupt' individuals (can be found on ektaone.com)...which I've got on my mp3 player...

Hopefully the coming few days will be more productive and efficient...
Enough rambling and complaining for now..

Let's see what’s coming....
Hope you have a nice time wherever you are...

2 comments:

gareeb said...

hope you have a better time than you've had so far, then, Veerji

one of my friends has gone to India and is intent on learning Dilruba.. I wish you and her the best of luck in accomplishing your instrumental goals =)

bhullchukmaaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

vsingh said...

Thank you for your really sweet wishes penji...

It is going a lot better than before..since almost everything is sorted..just to get started...will write more soon.

Stay in Chardikala and good luck to your friend.