Thursday, March 22, 2007

ਦੇਦਾ ਦੇ ਲੈਦੇ ਥਕਿ ਪਾਹਿ ॥

ਦੇਦਾ ਦੇ ਲੈਦੇ ਥਕਿ ਪਾਹਿ ॥
ਜੁਗਾ ਜੁਗੰਤਰਿ ਖਾਹੀ ਖਾਹਿ ॥
ਹੁਕਮੀ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਚਲਾਏ ਰਾਹੁ ॥
ਨਾਨਕ ਵਿਗਸੈ ਵੇਪਰਵਾਹੁ ॥3
(SGGS: 2)

Just when I had started thinking life can't get any better; I get a call.



I have no way to express myself, so I really don't see why I'm posting this. All I can say is; acknowledge what you have been given; whether from your brother, sister, mother or whoever. Just acknowledge. Just once go and say 'thank you', and show your appreciation for something; and look how happy they become.

When you're done doing this; Go and do an ardaas, and thank God for everything he's given you.

Just a few days ago, one of my eye went black for a few seconds. I was panicking. It felt as if the right eye was paralyzed (and it didn’t help that I couldn't see anything with it). That's when it struck me. I'm not appreciating what God has given me at all. Not to the extent that I've been writing on this blog. That’s when I realised that I've been given much much more than I appreciate; and now realise that I cannot and will not be able to appreciate everything he's giving me. (My eye’s okay now
)

Just once; appreciate; and thank. Acknowledge.
What's funny is; I keep getting materialistic things that keep making me more and more content (sounds very weird I know). When you look at Gurbani; you see that the Bhagats had been blessed by much more than materialistic things, and look at the extent they are content too (post getting weird and weirder
). How much they're thanking God; how much they are
appreciating....


Considering my Sikhi isn't much developed, and I'm (honestly) not making much effort to develop it; I cannot believe I'm getting so much...


ਜਾ ਤੂ ਮੇਰੈ ਵਲਿ ਹੈ ਤਾ ਕਿਆ ਮੁਹਛੰਦਾ ॥
ਤੁਧੁ ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਮੈਨੋ ਸਉਪਿਆ ਜਾ ਤੇਰਾ ਬੰਦਾ ॥
ਲਖਮੀ ਤੋਟਿ ਨ ਆਵਈ ਖਾਇ ਖਰਚਿ ਰਹੰਦਾ ॥
ਲਖ ਚਉਰਾਸੀਹ ਮੇਦਨੀ ਸਭ ਸੇਵ ਕਰੰਦਾ ॥
ਏਹ ਵੈਰੀ ਮਿਤ੍ਰ ਸਭਿ ਕੀਤਿਆ ਨਹ ਮੰਗਹਿ ਮੰਦਾ ॥
ਲੇਖਾ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਪੁਛਈ ਜਾ ਹਰਿ ਬਖਸੰਦਾ ॥
ਅਨੰਦੁ ਭਇਆ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਮਿਲਿ ਗੁਰ ਗੋਵਿੰਦਾ ॥
ਸਭੇ ਕਾਜ ਸਵਾਰਿਐ ਜਾ ਤੁਧੁ ਭਾਵੰਦਾ ॥7॥

Shabad; ang 1096

I've been typing and erasing; so I see no point in continuing. Just acknowledge; and love.

2 comments:

vsingh said...

Angad Singh Dilruba suspects the eye problem came as a result of me getting punched by a kuri who I misbehaved to...

Dilpreet Kaur said...

whom you misbehaved WITH!pai, improve on your english as well!hehe, hey i love that shabad,it's really comforting. Indeed, spread the love!