Monday, March 05, 2007

Bliss






Since I'm not a good photographer, I refrained from taking a photo of mine; but it looks pretty much like the one above; Is it pretty; lovely or GORGEOUS ?



Today I felt man enough to take the taus out; and tune it for the first time since I left India. Yes that was a while ago, but I've always been fearing that I won't be able to tune it right, didn't have time during exams, and the list goes on. Today I finally felt man enough to take it out and attempt to tune it. It was a total disaster. A few strings less, and twenty minutes of brain activity led to; nothing. I can't tune it I've concluded. Disaster. And I can't play it until it's tuned; so I'm going to have to wait until my sister comes back from Malaysia with a tuner for me, cause the tuner I bought (along with some new clothes and other stuff) got stolen on the way from Singapore to Malaysia
, just the day before I was going to go back to India.


Angad Singh Dilruba's been great moral support.

Oh and Dilo from Singapore, who is also known as Wonder Bebeh (Gidhya Di Rani, Kamli Kaur etc etc), been a huge cheering-me-up-person. Oh and this Bebeh bakes a lot better than average bebeh you'd see walking on the street.


But on the other hand; Always see the glass half full! More separatation = more thirst = stronger desire = deeper appreciation of what I'm missing, and was once, taking for granted. The glass is still half full, and am still radiating positive energy like ever
.

9 comments:

vsingh said...

P.s three hours and a lot of bruised fingers later; I think I was able to set in a new string! I'm not sure I did it right; but I think so...
I'm probably going to have nightmares about breaking strings now...

Anonymous said...

singh where did u learn to play the taus

Angad Singh said...

lol...i told u send me the pic i ll tell u what to do ...dont worry i ve been through it all...i even tried to fixe the frets after i took them out once..and then had to hunt down some one to fix them cause i fixed them all wrong..

Dilpreet Kaur said...

omg!i love peacocks!angad have you seen my peacock earringsss!?!hehe, i wonder if the taus is played aimilarly to a rabab!i sure looks wayyyy cooler than the rabab!

oh thanks for the free publicity pal!:D what's 365?

Anonymous said...

LoLx....u can play the taus?? hahaha..i wonder!!!!

-pam-

vsingh said...

I learn the basics of playing taus in India.

Angad Yeah; your moral support was great; but I wanted to try and do stuff myself; and it worked out in the end (hopefully)

Dilo; The taus not only looks really cool, in sounds great too. That being said Rabab sounds really nice; I'll send you some really cool tracks on msn =D

Angad Singh said...

bebeh..rabab is plucked while taus is bowed..playes almost like a dilruba

Anonymous said...

vsingh, where in india did u learn to play taus? thanx

vsingh said...

Jalandhar; it was actually by someone who played the dilruba; since the technique is basically the same